Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Month 2 of The Big Adventure

Yesterday was one month since the start of our Big Adventure.....hard to believe! 
On Sunday afternoon we explored the island.....It was interesting to see because driving around town you wouldn't get the impression that there was another "side" to the area.....as we drove along we found ourselves repeatedly saying "OMG!  Look at THAT house!"....."Holy cow!  Look at THAT one!"  In addition, and more important, the scenery is beautiful....on one side, in between houses, there were forests and on the other side these fabulous views, looking across the water.
exploring Grand Island

more exploring


lots of boats & boat houses
and open spaces


the 1%
1%
There were several of these houses all along the perimeter road

After exploring we decided to run over to the casino.....too short of a drive for us!  We should have stayed exploring!  I don't know what our fascination is with slot machines....but hey! it's our only vice.....unless of course you count wine!

Back to camp....it's so interesting the variety of camping styles.....there is actually a tent that appears to have 3 bedrooms and a central room!  I was going to take a picture but I didn't want to freak the folks out!  I did get some pics of the general area...........

one of the camp lakes

tenters


the cabins

one of the RV rows

























































1 comment:

  1. Hooray for the pics. Thanks for giving us a feel of the campground. I'll take a cabin, please.

    ReplyDelete