I couldn't believe it! Sitting around a campfire toasting marshmallows for s'mores! For those of you who know me well....Imagine! Me sitting around a campfire....outdoors! The weather has been perfect! Cool and dry....a little too breezy to eat outdoors....although I bought a red and white check plastic tablecloth just in case. Bernie & Sue (brother and sister in-law) came over and we cooked hotdogs on the fire but ate indoors. The whole s'mores event brought back memories of Camp Fire Girl sleepover camp....possibly the only good memories for me....yes, even as a child I wasn't really the out-doorsy type.....although please note that I did pass my canoe "tippy test"....for those of you who are less out-doorsy than me (is that possible!!), that's where you paddle a canoe to the middle of the lake, tip it over (a waste of a perfectly good canoe) and get underneath in the airspace.....to prepare you in the event you actually paddled a canoe to the middle of a lake and it capsized....which incidentally, after the "tippy test" (1958) I never had the urge to paddle a canoe anywhere! Enough about my athleticism!
I have settled into a very peaceful, no stress mode....up early every morning, do my yoga practice (Natalie and Melodie please take note) and my exercises. Weather permitting (and the past few days have been perfect) Dean and I walk (note the emphasis on WALK) up to the camp store and get the morning paper. Back to the RV for a good read and breakfast.
I've been trying to spend time with my artwork but some days there are just other things that need doing....and I'm ok with that.....for instance, yesterday I made potato salad and did laundry....for some reason doing those things in the RV seems very Zen!.....am I embracing my "Inner Housefrau"?
I probably mentioned earlier but the campground has a really nice doggy playground. While Dean was finishing up work, Bernie, Sue and I took Mischka up there.....he spent the time sniffing and eating grass and pretty much ignoring all the cool agility equipment and toys.....note: Samoyeds are herding breeds, not retrievers! You can throw a ball for them but don't throw too far because you will have to fetch it yourself!
I'll take some more pictures and post them later.......or tomorrow.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!
In Light and Love,
Tobi
No comments:
Post a Comment